Travelling to Glencoe
Arrival in Glencoe
Clachaig Inn is clearly signposted from the A82 and we look forward to welcoming you to Glencoe at the end of your journey.
If arriving for for our self catering properties, please note that they are generally available from 4pm on the day of arrival, though we will endeavour to have them ready if we know that you hope to arrive earlier in the day.
Discounted Car Hire
Customers of Clachaig Inn and Clachaig Holidays can now take advantage of preferential car hire rates with Rhino Car Hire.
To obtain a genuine10% discount on car hire from a variety of pick up locations using our preferential discount booking form on this link.
Planning Your Journey
Here’s a handful of useful resources for planning your journey to Glencoe and travelling around when you get here.
- Traveline – Useful resource for planning any travel by public transport in the UK.
- Traffic Scotland – Up to date road information across Scotland. Also check the Live Eye cameras for the latest snow (or not) on Rannoch Moor.
- Scottish CityLink Coaches – Travel to Glencoe by coach. Good connections to from Glasgow.
- Shiel Buses – For more local bus services such as Glencoe, Fort William, Kinlochleven etc.
- National Express – National Bus and Coach timetables.
- Scotrail – Let the train take the strain, though the nearest stations are either Bridge of Orchy or Fort William.
- Harveys Maps – Get yourself a map of Glencoe for when you arrive.
- Ali’s Taxi – Tel: 01855 811136
- Kenny – Tel: 01855 811764
- Peter – Tel: 07786 863230
- Jamie – West Highland Taxis: 01855 831495
- Nairn – Tel: 07720 509382
Getting to Glencoe
Clachaig Inn & Clachaig Holidays are located in Glencoe, approximately 2 hours drive from either central Glasgow or Stirling. We’re located just off the A82 in the heart of Glencoe.
Glasgow (inc. Airport)
Head along the M8 and cross the Erskine Bridge where you’ll join the A82 for Glencoe and the North West.
Edinburgh & the South
Follow routes to Stirling (M9 or perhaps M6/M74) and then follow signposts for Callendar and the A84. Once at Crainlarich, this road joins the A82.
From the North
Glencoe is about 30 minutes south of Fort William on the A82.
The nearest train station is in Fort William. Citylink bus services pass through Glencoe en route to Fort William and Skye.
Clachaig's FebruaryFest has grown over the last 2 decades from humble beginnings to being as much a part of Glencoe…
FRAS, Gàidhlig for a shower play wild west coast music on accordion, bagpipes, banjo, flute and guitar. Wild West Highland…
OctoberFest 2020 Offers
Friday 9th October to Saturday 24th October Clachaig’s Octoberfest started off life nearly 20 years ago as a Beer…
work in glencoe There are few better places to live and work than right in the very heart of magnificent…