Burns Tribute Night
Come along and pay tribute to Scotland’s most famous bard in true Clachaig style. Across the nation, folk will be celebrating Robert Burns’ birthday (the 25th actually) with a formal Burns Supper. No such formalities here; this isn’t a meeting of the local Conservative Club.
But we will be doffing our cap to the bard, and having a bit of fun, whisky and haggis in the process.
Music & toasts from White Rose. Kevin & Matt help us raise a glass and a smile on a cold January night.
If you have a taste for some Haggis and enjoy a glass of the Uisge Beatha then do pop along for the craic.
Pretty much anything could happen but here’s what we have in mind…
- Music and laid back craic in the Boots Bar from about 9pm as always
- A specials b(o)ard to run alongside our usual menu to include some classics such as Cock-a-Leekie Soup, and perhaps some neeps & tatties
- Some culture amidst the music – perhaps a Tam O’Shanter, and definitely a Selkirk Grace
- A large haggis and perhaps a Claymore!
- Some FREE haggis for you to try and to soak up the… Usige Beatha, which we hope to have plenty of
- Guess the weight of the haggis and win a Clachaig t-shirt competition.
Remember folks, this is the Boots Bar with a reference to the Bard, and NOT a formal Burns Supper.
Free entry – Everyone (18yrs & over) welcome.
At a glance
- From: 25th January 2020 09:00 pm
- To: 25th January 2020 11:30 pm
- At: Clachaig, Boots Bar
Want To Add An Event?
What You've Missed
You can also visit our Glencoe Blog pages to give you some idea of what you've been missing here in Glencoe. But fear not, there are usually more similar events planned.
Clachaig's FebruaryFest has grown over the last 2 decades from humble beginnings to being as much a part of Glencoe…
Winter Mountain Safety Lecture – Matt Groves
"What you see is all there is" Presented by Matt Groves Fort William based Matt Groves MIC presents the first…
FebruaryFest Gin Tasting Session
Through 2019 and into 2020 we did think that the interest in Scottish distilled gins might ease a little. However,…
Winter Mountain Safety Lecture – Andy Spink
Decision making for winter Mountaineers Presented by Andy Spink Andy Spink, MIC, IML, BCU Level 5, Surf Coach, presents the…