Clachaig’s Coronavirus Response
Coronavirus looks set to be with us for a good while to come, so we’ve created a page to explain some of the current measures we have in place to ensure that we’re trading as safely as possible.
It’s been a rough ride for everyone so far. For many anxiety is now a big issue. Anxiety over health and well being, but also anxiety over going away for a short break, or simply anxiety over going to the pub. Hopefully we can do our best to ease this with some words about what to expect.
Things keep on changing… This page was last updated on 8th October 2020
Our Risk Assessment relative to Covid 19 can be view as a PDF here: Risk Assessment
Food and Drink
- We’re open 7 days a week for Food and Drink
- INDOORS – Food and non-alcoholic drinks midday till 6pm (doors closed) NO ALCOHOL indoors!
OUTDOORS – Weather dependent – Food (Takeaway style) till 8pm and all drinks to include alcoholic drinks midday till not later than 10pm (site clear by)
RESIDENTS – Exemption applies – see below
UNTIL and including SUNDAY 25th OCTOBER – when we will revert to 10pm closing indoors (all being well)
- Our menu vary daily and may be slightly more limited than you’re used to
- We are subject to a curfew of 10pm – everyone must be out by 10pm (not last orders at 10pm)
- There is no need to pre-book. Just come along and we’ll explain all and get you seated as best we can
- We require contact details for your table for Test & Protect
- A maximum of 6 people from 2 households can share a table
- Hotel residents can pre-book a table if required. Please speak to Reception.
- Please wear a face covering when not seated. That means on arrival at our doors until you are seated, and also on your way to the loo.
- If you have an exemption, please ensure that you do your very best to maintain a 2m distance from our staff and other customers
- If you have forgotten your face covering, we can probably sell you one for £2. Your shirt pulled over your face and any other many of attempts to avoid wearing one will not be accepted.
- We have plenty of hand sanitiser at various points at entry doors and inside the building. Please use it!
- We can accept payment by card (contactless limit £45) or cash
- Indoors some of our tables are at least 2m distance. However, in some cases we operate on the 1m plus policy, but mitigate this wherever possible by having back to back (or side) seating. Please don’t move tables or seats.
- Our tables look a little bare – it’s not as it might be, but it’s safer that way
- If the forecast looks fair, we will operate our outside seating area – this is based on a takeaway service
- Live music looks like it’s a long way off returning – See What’s (Not!) On for any events we can actually run
- Please be kind to our staff. They’re working hard and they appreciate a bit of kindness in their day!
- Food service for residents indoors is exempt from the 6pm curfew. Please order before 8pm.
- Residents are NOT exempt from the alcoholic drink restrictions but may consume outside until 10pm as all customers
Residents may (we think!) consume take alcoholic drinks to their room (but may not consume in any public areas)
Please, “last orders” by 9.30pm as we start to close down
- Our cleaning routines have been upgraded in accordance with current guidance
- If staying for two nights we will not service your room unless you specifically request it
- Our breakfast arrangements are slightly changed and is based on seated service
- If you would like to book at table in our bars please speak to Reception
- Please wear a face covering when on the move in the building – from entry to your bedroom, or en route to breakfast or the bars
- There should only be ONE household per room. Please, no sharing.
It looks like a long list, but hopefully you’ll find the answer to your question here. If you can’t, please ask – by phone, or email.
GIFT VOUCHERS The perfect gift for that partner, friend or relative who just loves visiting Clachaig Inn and Glencoe. With a range of…
Clachaig 10 yo Malt Whisky
Clachaig 10 Year Old Single Cask Malt Whisky It has taken a while to select a malt whisky worthy of…
Climber Logo T-Shirt
Clachaig Climber Logo T-Shirt The Classic Clachaig Climber Logo t-shirt is a fashion icon and has been around for decades.…
FebruaryFest 2021 Offers
FebruaryFest Offers 2021 A special tariff to coincide with our annual Winter Beer Festival Friday 29th January to Saturday…